When does a little under six months equal a year? Why when one has been banished from a mega-popular J-Blog and in order to continue posting, has had to create one's very own little Red-Tent Blog in the middle of July.
L'Havdil eleph Havdolos (a 1000 degrees of separation) the X-tian non-Jews believe that tonight at midnight one year and decade will end and that another will begin. In that spirit top (or bottom) ten lists of the decade have been all the rage.
Having familiarity with little beyond contemplation of my own navel ,(and lacking objectivity even on that subject) I hereby present the list of the 10 best HaMavdil Posts of the year:
1. The Post that Started it All!
2. Lessons from "the Love that Dare not Speak its Name"
4. A Memo to the Parents: We Need More Truth in Packaging
5. The Genesis of Kosher Evolution
6. In which a Chasidic Master Delineates an Innate Difference Between Jewish and Gentile Sinning(and Repenting)!
7. My Problems with Tefilas Zaqah
8. Recalibrating Havdala Consciousness Part II
9 THE PREQUEL: The Kohen on Romancing Helen(ism)
9. A Leap of Faith... in MAN
9. THE SEQUEL: Looking for Love in All the Wrong Places
10.A Tale of Two Fast Days
10B. Havdala in Language and in Providence
10&3/4. That's it! I'm FINISHED!
10.85. Restructuring the Artscroll Debate
Oh..what the Hay...
11. (New) Home of the Whopper ...Move Over Burger King
As my "recent comments" widget has been dysfunctional ever since I changed to this new template I ask all three of my disloyal commenters to leave any NEW comments for my top ten posts here and indicate which post you're responding to.
PS apparently not only can I not write or think critically, I can't count either. Truth be told I love so many of them. They are ALL my children. Where should I cut? Qedusha-Havdala...Have you had YOURS this year? No??? Well keep on reading and commenting and better luck NEXT year!